What’s up with crude oil prices? A few updates from around the web:
- FuelFix.com: Oil Prices 101: Why is our crude so expensive?
- Financial Times EnergySource: “Either the Saudis step in or oil prices are going to the moon (and other predictions)“
- Reuters: “NYMEX-US crude hits $103 on Libyan worries, eyes data“
- Associated Press wire store: “Oil Slips Below $100 After Rising Above $103“
- Washington Post‘s Political Economy blog: “Unrest in Libya prompts flurry of forecasting about gas and oil prices“
And some commentary:
- Robert Lenzner, Forbes: “Beware going long at $112 oil“
- Raymond J. Learsy, Huffington Post: “The Looming Economic Crisis, the Price of Oil, and Our Strategic Petroleum Reserve“
- At FoxNews.com, John Lott argues stimulus spending, not high oil prices, “is hammering consumers.”
- Related background from a few years ago: “Economic Effects of High Oil Prices,” by the U.S. Energy Information Adminstration, published in the Annual Energy Outlook 2006.