I am following Will Wilkinson’s lead (which can sometimes be tantalizingly dangerous!) and putting my entire online music collection on shuffle to see what comes up. For some reason my party shuffle gave me 12, so I report them in order here:
1. The Verve, “Neon Wilderness,” from Urban Hymns
2. De/Vision, “6 Feet Underground,” from 6 Feet Underground
3. Afro Celt Sound System, “Shadowman,” from Volume 3
4. Modest Mouse, “Interlude (Milo),” from Good News for People Who Like Bad News
5. XTC, “I Can’t Own Her,” from Apple Venus Vol. I
6. Philip Glass, Concerto for Sax Quartet & Orchestra
7. Antonio Vivaldi, Cello Concerto in A minor, third movement, Ofra Harnoy, cellist
8. REM, “Letter Never Sent,” from Reckoning
9. Foo Fighters, “Live-In Skin,” from There is Nothing Left to Lose
10. Rufus Wainwright, “Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk,” from Poses
11. Jacky Terrasson (piano) and Stefon Harris (vibraphone), “Rat Entrance,” from Kindred
12. Franz Schubert, “Die Forelle,” song for voice & piano D.550
Actually surprisingly representative, although lighter on the jazz than the whole collection is.
Whaddaya got in yours?