The attention paid to the “net neutrality” debate is reaching a crescendo. In addition to the posts here over the past month and the links contained therein, see these sources:
- The Wikipedia entry on net neutrality; a commenter asked earlier for a general overview, and this one’s OK
- Greg Mankiw’s entry on the subject, including links to the Lessig-McChesney oped and Litan’s paper
- Hahn/Wallsten paper from AEI/Brookings Joint Center, which gives a nice overview and pays attention to the nuance and complexity of the issues.
- Kyle Dixon responds to the Lessig-McChesney oped at PFF
- Adriana’s overview of her vloggercon remarks; she also does a nice job of reflecting the complexity of the questions
- This Slashdot thread links to two CNN commentaries (one from Craig Newmark, one from Mike McCurry); I often find the Slashdotters’ comments on the subject to be a bit histrionic and not grounded in good analytical foundations, but there are some good ones peppered throughout this thread
- Tyler Cowen’s comments on the matter