In anticipation of Movable Type 4.0 coming out of beta in the future, I have started thinking about feature, content, and design changes that might be desirable here. My short list:
- I am considering going back to a two-column format, which will make the side column waaaaaay long, because I don’t really want to cull any of the links lists.
- Edge spacing in the comments files and archive files
- Fixing the format of results in the search; I think it’s just a matter of telling MT to put the search results in the middle column, but my agility with stylesheets is very limited
- Fixing Technorati tags; for some reason we’ve not been able to do them for a couple of years
- Fixing trackbacks; same thing
- Fixing the Typepad trusted commenter login, which has never worked
So now I am asking you: what do you want to see here? Please share your feedback with respect to content, design, whatever. MT 4.0 is going to be a big innovation in functionality, so there’s a big opportunity to get things right.
Also, if you are more comfortable with MT and stylesheets than I am and would like to offer some technical advice, please bring it on! Although this site is primarily a professional outreach venture for me, I do it voluntarily and for fun (as does Mike, whose contributions are enormously valuable), out of the love of the idea creation process. Thanks in advance for your input.